Cherry Davis Consulting, Social Media Community Manager/Content Creator 4/2005 – Current
- Supported startups, SMEs, etc. on their social media strategy
- Creation and management of Blogs and other CMS
- Creation, management and monitoring of Facebook pages
- Responsible for online strategy development, project management and online community and grassroots outreach efforts.
- Assist in managing the organization’s relationship with other online community influencers including bloggers and other online communities.
- Create and manage online initiatives including viral campaigns and online advertising efforts using twitter, myspace, facebook and other social media platforms.
- Moderate ethical oversight of site and its postings.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, agendas, and activities and assist in the development of presentations, materials and reports.
- Responsible for the recruitment of new members.
- Manage several live events as the exclusive new media provider for tech startup and meetup groups
- Featured reporter for CNN iReport on entertainment, science fiction, art, food, geek & local culture
- Coordinate Gaskin Productions NBA All Stars & Kentucky Derby After Hour Parties with Facebook & Twitter
- Train clients on media literacy, blogging, twitter, social media marketing/public relations, customer service & develop brand strategy
- Organized fundraising events for high level donors (250K) for up to 200 guests
- Donor services, donor relations, data management, prospect management & database reporting
- Researched new funding revenues & topics for prospective donor opportunities
Junior League of Los Angeles, Training & Recruitment Committee Member 8/2008 – 4/2012
- Recruited speakers on a variety of topics that enrich members (schedule events, find locations, write bios, introduce speakers, publicize events) for committees
- Solicit donations for yearly fundraising events (up to 2K) to benefit JLLA
Spherion, Client Services Supervisor/Recruiter, 7/2007 – 4/2008
Contractor, Project, 3/2003 – 6/2007
Georgetown University, Administrative Officer, 7/1996 – 2/2003
Quality Education for Minorities Network, Public Policy Assistant, 1994 – 1995
Wofford Senate Campaign, Minority Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator, 1994
Democratic Party, East Coast Voter Registration Drive, 1994
Congressman Tim Johnson (South Dakota), Staff Assistant, 1993
Iowa Democratic Party, Field Staff, 1980 – 1992
- Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Management
- Community Outreach
- Campaign Management
- Content Creation
- Public Relations
- Event Planning
- Donor Relations
- Microsoft Office
- Brand Identity
- CNN iReport @CherryLA
- Twitter @cherry_LA
- Tout @cherrydavis
- GetGlue @cherry davis
- FourSquare @cherry_la
- Instagram @cherry_la
- Google+ @cherrydavis
- YouTube @cherrylosangeles
- Klout Score 54